Last edited: 6 August 2019
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- March 2015: Little Earth, a Tajiak environmental NGO, provided a solar cooker to the village of Roshorv (located at an altitude of more than 3000 m) in the Bartang Valley of Tajikistan’s Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Oblast. Sadarbek Tohirbekov, a teacher of Russian language at the local school, took delivery of the parabolic cooker, though each resident of the village has access to it. Tohirbekov said, "to prepare a lunch or dinner [without a solar cooker], we use about half a kilo of bush kindling and then a couple of kilos of firewood and three kilos of dried manure or coal. For example, just to boil five to seven liters of water requires about three to five kilos of bush. A solar kitchen can greatly reduce the consumption of firewood and other fuels, even if you use it only once a day." Read more...
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Tajikistan
- NEW: Tajikistan Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- Find a Kiva microfinance partner in Tajikistan.
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations
Articles in the media
- March 2015: How Can Solar Energy Make Life in Tajikistan's Mountains More Sustainable? - GlobalVoices
- Little Earth (you tube)
- Little Earth
- Foundation for Innovative and Sustainable Technology
- Olympus Flower Solar Cooker (manufacturer and vendor)
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.