Last edited: 4 August 2019
Officially the Tunisian Republic, Tunisia is the northernmost country in Africa and is situated on the Mediterranean coast, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Nile Delta.
- NEW: 5-7 November, 2019 (Nairobi, Kenya): Clean Cooking Forum 2019 - The Clean Cooking Alliance and the Kenya Ministry of Energy will co-host the Clean Cooking Forum 2019, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from November 5-7. With the theme of “Investment. Innovation. Impact,” the sector’s flagship event will bring together hundreds of attendees from around the world working to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- February 2013: Engineers Without Borders - Sweden did an evaluation of a solar cooking project that the group had implemented in a refugee camp in Tunisia in 2011. They found that there had been no significant uptake of the technology and that the refugees mostly cooked with LPG. More information... - (English version)
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Tunisia
- NEW: Tunisia Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.