Last edited: 23 September 2016
Officially the Tunisian Republic, Tunisia is the northernmost country in Africa and is situated on the Mediterranean coast, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Nile Delta.
- NEW: 30-31 May 2019: Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - Ireland will host; Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind. The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as: households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- NEW: 22-24 January 2020: CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc, .docx, or pdf format. More conference information...
- February 2013: Engineers Without Borders - Sweden did an evaluation of a solar cooking project that the group had implemented in a refugee camp in Tunisia in 2011. They found that there had been no significant uptake of the technology and that the refugees mostly cooked with LPG. More information... - (English version)
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors