Last edited: 4 August 2019
Officially the Tunisian Republic, Tunisia is the northernmost country in Africa and is situated on the Mediterranean coast, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Nile Delta.
- NEW: 12-14 July 2023 (A Coruña, Spain): CONSOLFOOD2023 - Organizers have released a first call for abstracts to participate in the Fifth International Conference, taking place in Spain in 2023 as an in-person conference. The deadline for submission is 15 December 2022. More submittal information...
- February 2013: Engineers Without Borders - Sweden did an evaluation of a solar cooking project that the group had implemented in a refugee camp in Tunisia in 2011. They found that there had been no significant uptake of the technology and that the refugees mostly cooked with LPG. More information... - (English version)
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Tunisia
- Tunisia Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations
The entities listed below are either based in Tunisia, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association