Last edited: 4 August 2019
Officially the Tunisian Republic, Tunisia is the northernmost country in Africa and is situated on the Mediterranean coast, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Nile Delta.
- NEW: Webinar: 11 July, 2020 (2:00-4:00 PDT, 9:00pm-11:00pm GMT): Cooking using a Haybox and a Battery Powered Slow Cooker - This webinar, presented by SF Innovations Ltd, will look at two different techniques of cooking using a well insulated cooking container. It will show how to cook rice, stews and even bake bread using little or no fossil fuel. Registration information...
- NEW: 1-4 September 2020: EuroSun2020 is going virtual - The conference will be now be held on a virtual platform, as a response to safety concerns surrounding Covid-19. According to the organization, "We are currently working on new registration fees that reflect the resources and support for creating the virtual conference infrastructure and presenting the conference online. We will provide more details on the registration rates in the coming weeks." The 13th Conference on Solar Energy for Buildings and Industry will offer a platform to discuss the latest developments with leading solar energy experts, policy makers, and industry representatives. More information...
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
- February 2013: Engineers Without Borders - Sweden did an evaluation of a solar cooking project that the group had implemented in a refugee camp in Tunisia in 2011. They found that there had been no significant uptake of the technology and that the refugees mostly cooked with LPG. More information... - (English version)
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Tunisia
- Tunisia Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in ArabicEdit
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations
The entities listed below are either based in Tunisia, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit