Last edited: 4 August 2019
Officially the Tunisian Republic, Tunisia is the northernmost country in Africa and is situated on the Mediterranean coast, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Nile Delta.
- NEW: 2-13 December, 2019 (Madrid, Spain): COP25 - The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is hosting the twenty-fifth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP25) has been scheduled to take place in Feria de Madrid in Madrid, Spain from 2-13 December, 2019. More information...
- 22-24 January 2020 (Faro, Portugal): CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts was 15 June 2019. More information...
- February 2013: Engineers Without Borders - Sweden did an evaluation of a solar cooking project that the group had implemented in a refugee camp in Tunisia in 2011. They found that there had been no significant uptake of the technology and that the refugees mostly cooked with LPG. More information... - (English version)
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Tunisia
- Tunisia Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Construction plans in Arabic
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.