Last edited: 6 August 2019
Students in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, learn to solar cook in 2015. Photo credit: SuryaKumbh
Events[edit | edit source]
- NEW: Webinar: Sunday, 24 January 2021 (14:30-16:50 EU, GMT) Spreading our passion for solar cooking - Celestino Ruivo, Chairman CONSOLFOOD, will lead this special meeting, with assistance from Ajay Chandak, and Dave Oxford from SLiCKsolarstove UK. View the Program schedule, and participate in the meeting...
- NEW: 25-29 January 2021: ETHOS Virtual Conference - The 2021 ETHOS Conference will be held virtually Monday, January 25 through Friday, January 29, 2021 from 15:00-17:30 GMT each day. The conference aims to expand its reach from previous annual meetings, encouraging participation of Southern partners, international stoves experts, and development specialists with field experience in the transfer of cooking technologies. Registration information...
- Have your event listed here by emailing email@example.com.
News[edit | edit source]
- July 2016: A new solar concentrator power plant was recently approved for construction in Dubai and is set to be the largest in the world. The plant will reportedly generate 1,000 megawatts of power by 2020 and 5,000 megawatts by 2030. Read more...
- July 2016: So far Beacon Energy Solutions has introduced solar cooking to more than 200 students across three different schools in Dubai. Read more... - Khaleej Times
- June 2015: Dubai students learn to use solar reflectors to cook in the sun - Inspired by the Guinness World Record setting event held in Mumbai, India, earlier this year, Beacon Energy Solutions partnered with DPS Academy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, to "inspire youngsters to harness ... solar energy." Sixty-seven students from grades 5 - 8 gathered to learn how to use a solar oven to cook several types of local dishes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article on the climate of United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
- Find a Kiva microfinance partner in United Arab Emirates.
- Raising funds through grants and donations
Construction plans in Arabic[edit source]
- CooKit variation (made from smaller pieces of cardboard)
- Minimum Box Cooker
- Solar Water Pasteurizer
Possible funders[edit | edit source]
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations.
Reports[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- September 2017: Women Play Key Role in Solar Energy Projects - Inter Press Service
- December 2015: Noodles made in solar cookers - Dubai News Express
Web pages[edit | edit source]
The entities listed below are either based in United Arab Emirates, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.