Last edited: 18 May 2017
In the United States, we take for granted that the systems governing our lives—the production and availability of food, education, healthcare, sanitation, and arts & culture—are readily available and are working in harmony. For those living in rural, impoverished areas of the world, it has proven to be quite challenging to modernize their way of life, despite ample resources being invested in improving the lives of the world's poor.
At United Village Transformation (UVT), we apply a holistic approach to village transformation because we believe that it takes all of these systems, developing in an integrated manner, to truly transform lives and communities.
Our pilot village transformation initiative in Dothi Village, Lilongwe, Malawi was designed in collaboration with the people of the community and other organizations actively working in the region. Our program pillars are:
- Adult, Early Childhood and Primary Education programming and facilities
- Agricultural practices
- Water Quality and Sanitation
- Healthcare and Dental Care
- Economic Development
We are seeking to make the following impacts:
- Train dentists and nurses at the Daeyang Luke Hospital Dental clinic
- Complete construction on Dothi Village’s very first preschool and early childhood education program
- Provide books and resources for respective classrooms
- Educate the children of the village on nutrition, gardening and farming at an early age
- Provide women with solar cooking kits and instruction on safe, healthful cooking techniques
[This text is borrowed from http://www.uvtransformation.org/program-overview on October 8, 2015]
News[edit | edit source]
- October 2015: In June 2015, United Village Transformation, led by Claudia Sansone, adopted a rural village near Daeyang Luke Hospital in Lilongwe, the capital city of Malawi. The United Village Transformation team opened a preschool and provided agriculture and medical resources to the village. They also distributed several CooKits. Claudia Sansone reports that the villagers were very enthusiastic about the solar cookers and were eager to begin using them.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Contact[edit | edit source]
Email: email@example.com or contact form