Last edited: 5 August 2019
The Third National Solar Energy Conference was held in the city of Guichon, Paysandú in 2007.
- NEW: 4-5 April 2020: Global Health & Innovation Conference - At this 17th annual conference, learn from more than 200 speakers who are committed to effective, responsible programs in health, development, entrepreneurship, and education. More information...
- NEW: 23-26 June 2020: ASES SOLAR 20/20 - In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon, the American Solar Energy Society is sponsoring the global event, SOLAR 20/20. Hear the latest information on climate change, as well as learn about amazing technology and market advances by innovators and financiers. This will be a push by everyone across the political spectrum for more control of our energy choices to reduce associated costs. NEW: SOLAR 20/20 will happen over the same dates, but as a virtual event. More information...
- NEW: 29 June - 01 July 2020 (Frieburg, Germany): International Energy Workshop - More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 2007: The third national solar energy conference was held in February in the city of Guichon, Paysandú. Sponsored by the Uruguayan Center of Appropriate Technologies (CEUTA), delegates attended from all departments in the country. Also attending were representatives of the National Bureau for the Environment (DINAMA), U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and the municipal government of Paysandú. Solar cookers were on display in Plaza Williman, where they could be seen by the general public. The city of Guichon was the site of a workshop on construction and use of solar cookers in 2004. Out of that gathering has grown the national solar conferences. The fourth national conference will be held early in 2008. Contact: Juan José Oña
- August 2006: Juan José Oña reports that Uruguay observed its Solar Week with the Second National Conference on Solar Energy in Montevideo in March. The Uruguayan Center of Appropriate Technologies (CEUTA) formed a network of solar promoters at last year's conference and has held workshops nationwide during the past year. These actions have invigorated the solar cooking movement in Uruguay, which was reflected in this year's conference. The events featured solar cookers, water heaters, and solar food dryers designed and built by inventors from across the country. People who had attended earlier workshops were invited to a special workshop to deepen their skills. The workshop featured solar cooking promoters Pedro Serrano of Chile and Alfredo Estevez of Argentina. Brazil also sent representatives to the conference, where promoters shared their experiences with solar technology and training and discussed future plans. The conference also included a panel discussion on solar energy and public policy. An exhibition in the city center exposed thousands of people to many homemade, low-cost solar devices, and media coverage of the conference was good. The conference was sponsored by CEUTA and a host of governmental and non-governmental agencies. Contact: Juan José Oña
- July 2005: The Centro Uruguayo de Tecnologias Apropriadas took part in organizing Uruguay’s first "National Solar Energy Encounter" in March. The event followed a series of workshops that taught people to build their own solar equipment, including solar ovens, solar water heaters, and solar food dryers. Solar activists from many parts of the country gathered in Montevideo to share ideas and plan future activities. The gathering gained wide exposure in the news media. Contact: Juan José Oña
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and cultureEdit
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Uruguay
- Uruguay Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
- Find a Kiva microfinance partner in Uruguay.
- Raising funds through grants and donations
- See general guidance on raising funds through grants and donations.
Articles in the mediaEdit
Audio and VideoEdit
Grupos de discusión Facebook en españolEdit
- Cocineros Solares Sin Fronteras (Internacional)
- Solar Inti (Argentina)
- NEW: Bolivia Inti-Sud Soleil (Bolivia)
- Asociación Inti Illimani (Bolivia)
- Solar Renewable Energy in Costa Rica(Costa Rica)
- Grupo Jaragua (Dominican Republic)
- Solar Oven Partners (Dominican Republic)
- NEW: Unidad Ecológica Salvadoreña (El Salvador)
- Clima Renovable Honduras (Honduras)
- La sazón del sol-Solar Súper Foods (Mexico)
- Cocineros Solares (Mexico)
- Cocina Solar Mexico (Mexico)
- La sazón del sol-Solar Súper Foods (Mexico)
- Eco Solperu (Peru)
- Solar Show Cooking (Spain)
- Preguntas Frecuentes de la Cocción Solar
The entities listed below are either based in Uruguay, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendorsEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.