Welcome! You can leave messages for Beth Ogilvie here.
Earlier discussions have been archived.
Adding a plans gallery
Hi, Beth. You once expressed interested in moving all of the plans over to the Wiki. I have a few volunteers working on moving over the most important plans. Would you have time to create a gallery of plans somewhat like http://solarcooking.org/plans? It might be good to add this gallery to the top of Category:Solar_cooker_plans. What do you think? Tom Sponheim 17:19, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Tom: I'm booked up till about Aug 19 or 20. Let me know if you want me to do it then... --Beth Ogilvie 16:26, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- Beth, I did respond to your email. Here is the text: Thanks for your offer. What would be great would be to add a section to the top of http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Solar_cooker_plans with some featured cooker designs. I’d like this to be somewhat analogous to the Plans page on the Archive (http://solarcooking.org/plans), except I would only want to show perhaps 6 models. I’d also like some narration explaining the pluses and minuses of each cooker. I’d also like it to be clear that further down the page is a massive list of plans for other designs and below that photos of each of the cookers that we have plans for. Tom Sponheim 00:47, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Tom. Happy 2009! What 6 models do you want to feature? I could get this done now. And on a dfferent topic, how did you archive that old chunk of your talk page? Did you just rename the page and then create a new one? Thanks. --Beth Ogilvie 17:18, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Can you help me?
Please, do you can help me with my wiki?
I wanted to put the Share on Facebook, and that the edit box look like you. Thank you!
It is a very nice wiki!
Rilson Joás 17:20, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Rilson! I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you want to add to your page on this wiki? Or make your Facebook page link to this wiki?
- To upload a picture of yourself like the little one I have, login, then look for the white-on-blue 'More' menu in the upper right corner just left of 'Log out'. Click that and select Preferences. Scroll down to 'Avatar' and under 'Upload a new avatar' you can click 'Browse' to upload a picture of yourself. --Beth Ogilvie 02:53, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
I just read (in the wiki) about your role in making the conversion from the archive to the wiki. Well done! This wiki is a gem for the worldwide community. Your picture of the "smoky fire" is wonderful. May I ask where and when you took the picture?
184.108.40.206 15:38, January 18, 2013 (UTC)Julie Greene, Executive Director, Solar Cookers International
Thanks, Julie! Not sure which picture you mean, though. Could you provide the URL? Beth Ogilvie (talk) 23:12, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
Problem with the signup sheet
Hi, Beth. There seems to be a problem with the signup sheet. At the bottom it says continually "Loading reCAPTCHA..." Can you have a look? Email me if you need credentials. http://solarcooking.org/join/joinSCInet.htm
Tom Sponheim (talk) 23:45, January 31, 2014 (UTC)
can you tell me how the specific modell of solar bbq is called you published in this picture http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/File:Solar_bbq.jpg?
I would be very interrested if this bbq is for sale somewhere becaus it looks very practical and portable.
Thanks for answering :)
- You'll find more info on this cooker following the links here: Solar_BBQ
- Tom Sponheim (talk) 18:20, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
Another possible task for you
Hi, Beth. We are wondering if we could get your expertise to do a small programming task for us that is related to the one you did with tracking Google Translate links. Here is the problem: On mobile, when you click a language name to translate the page, the resultant page does not work correctly. The main text of the page is translated correctly, but the individual subsections further down do not expand to show their text (as they did in mobile mode on the untranslated page). This makes the translation pretty useless on mobile.
Our preferred solution is to modify the HTTP request header so that Wikia returns a desktop version of the page instead of the mobile version. Since smartphones are getting larger, and people can zoom in, they would be able to get to all of the information on the translated page fairly easily. I had envisioned making all translation requests go to a single page (as you had done with the older tracking program) where the request modification would take place and from where the page would redirect to the desktop version of the translated page.