Last edited: 27 September 2016
Uzbekistan is located in central Asia.
- NEW: 30-31 May 2019: Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind - Ireland will host; Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind. The conference will focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as: households and settings, evaluating pathways to modern sustainable cooking energy systems, policy options, and more. More information...
- NEW: 22-24 January 2020: CONSOLFOOD2020 - To be held at the Institute of Engineering, Universidade do Algarve, Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal. The conference will focus on solar thermal food processing. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 31 May 2019. Abstracts should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc, .docx, or pdf format. More conference information...
- January 2015: Uzbekistan, still rich with gas and oil, has begun to adopt solar power, now being viewed as an underutilized resource. Micro solar projects providing electricity for lighting, heating, pumping water and solar cooking are now beginning to percolate into the countryside.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
Articles in the media
- January 2015: Uzbekistan Looks to Solar Power - Silk Road Reporters
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors