Last edited: 6 August 2019
Uzbekistan is located in central Asia.
- 17-23 December 2021: Solar Cooking Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere) - A loosely organized bid to acknowledge the fun and benefits of solar cooking. Show someone how to solar cook and share a meal.
- NEW: 24-26 January 2022: Fourth International Conference: Advances in Solar Thermal Food Processing - CONSOLFOOD Chairman, Celestino Ruivo, has announced an extended call for abstracts for the upcoming conference in January 2022, which is now planned to be an online event. Advances in solar cooking as well as solar food processing will be considered for inclusion. The event schedule and submission requirements are in CONSOLFOOD 2022 conference information.
- January 2015: Uzbekistan, still rich with gas and oil, has begun to adopt solar power, now being viewed as an underutilized resource. Micro solar projects providing electricity for lighting, heating, pumping water and solar cooking are now beginning to percolate into the countryside.
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate and culture
- Wikipedia article on the climate of Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan Energy Situation - Energypedia
- Solar cooker dissemination and cultural variables
Articles in the media
- January 2015: Uzbekistan Looks to Solar Power - Silk Road Reporters
The entities listed below are either based in Uzbekistan, or have established solar cooking projects there:
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association