Last edited: 6 August 2018
Dr. William Bradley is Professor Emeritus at Western New England University and works with Earthbound Tech. He has designed, built and analyzed solar cookers and solarcooked since 1990. He also has taught several solar cooking classes and cooker building workshops.
- August 2018: Solar potluck - William Bradley hosted a solar potluck at his home in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA. The local news channel was invited, and they produced a short video of the gathering. Local family cooks food using nothing but the sun
- June 2017: Reciprocal optical testing - Earthboundtech conducted their reciprocal optical testing on the Hypar Solar Cooker and Parvati Solar Cooker in April 2017, and used comparative data from a CooKit analysis done in 2014. The Hyper solar cooker reflector utilizes a combination of a conical outer ring with a parabolic inner dish. This allows for more diffuse solar energy directed at the cookpot, while still having some concentration that a parabolic reflector can provide. More information on reciprocal optical testing procedures and results can be found on their website at http://www.earthboundtech.com/optical-test.
- April 2014: A photo is used to evaluate solar cooker output William Bradley, founder of Earthbound Technology, has been working on developing a new approach for analizing the potential performance output for solar panel cooker and parabolic solar cookers. It involves photographing the cookpot as the light source in controlled light conditions, and measuring the reflected light. Read a summary at: Reciprocal Photo Test for Measuring Solar Cooker Performance
- February 2013: The Hypar Solar Cooker is currently being tested. It is our newest cooker. It is primarily a multi-sided parabolic solar cooker with the outermost section replaced with a conic section. Testing midwinter in Massachusetts shows that it can produce more than enough heat for cooking.
Audio and videoEdit
- July 2014:
Articles in the mediaEdit
- July 2016: Local retired professor looks to improve solar cooking - 22News - WWLP.com
Mobile: +1 (413) 351-6078