Last edited: 19 May 2020
Events[edit | edit source]
Online events[edit source]
- NEW: Monday, 2 November 2020 (7-9 p.m. EST, 11 p.m.-1 a.m. GMT): D.A.R.E to Solar Cook - The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine - The Carnegie Science Center is sponsoring a Café Scientifique. Solar advocates Mary Buchenic and Jennifer Gasser will share their experiences promoting the solar cooking STEM curriculum, and Dr. Alan Bigelow, SCI Science Director, will discuss the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Participation in the event is free, but pre-registration is required. Registration information
- NEW: 3-6 November 2020: The 5th International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy Systems - A scientific interchange among researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners from around the world. They gather to share their latest achievements, and discuss the possible challenges for current energy and future energy systems. More information...
- NEW: 23 - 27 November 2020: 1er. Congreso Nacional de Secado Solar y Cocción Solar de Alimentos - Presentación en línea de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), en español. Contacto: email@example.com
- December 2020: SWC50 – The Century of Solar - In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne Australia. ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Conference and Display, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50). The face-to-face conference, originally scheduled for 2-4 December 2020, will be replaced by a series of eight virtual conferences over the course of the month in December 2020. It will include the same panel sessions that were planned for the in-person planned event. More information...
Have your event listed here by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
News[edit | edit source]
The history of solar cooking in Yemen[edit | edit source]
- Main article: History of solar cooking
Climate, culture, and special considerations[edit | edit source]
- Yemen Energy Situation - Energypedia
See also[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Possible funders[edit source]
Reports[edit | edit source]
Articles in the media[edit | edit source]
- May 2020: Displaced women in Yemen become solar entrepreneurs - themedialine
Web pages[edit | edit source]
The entities listed below are either based in Yemen, or have established solar cooking projects there:
SCI Associates[edit source]
- Main article: Solar Cookers International Association
Manufacturers and vendors[edit source]
Government agencies[edit source]
Educational institutions[edit source]
See also[edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.